Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Homemade Christmas and Simple Snowballs

"Dashing through the snow..." ~Jingle Bells

This year I decided to make a few homemade gifts for a lot of the ladies in my family. Chalkboards are so popular in decor and they are also convenient so I made a few. It is quite simple actually. I just hope everyone loves their presents.




I just bought a silver tray and painted it white and chalkboard painted the center and then placed it on a picture stand. That was my first attempt. I am going to use picture frames for the remaining gifts I will post on those once I see how they will go.

"Cookies & Milk"

These are my Simple Snowballs. It is a very easy recipe. Just mix one box white cake mix with 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of oil. Stir in 1/2 a cup of pecans. Roll into balls, flatten, & bake. Then while still warm roll in powdered sugar and then once they cool do it again if you want them really "Snowball-y." The above pic is only rolled once. Grab some ice cold milk and a cozy blanket. Take some of these cookies and turn on a Christmas movie while you are sitting next to the tree. That's cozy!

Simple Snowballs

1 box white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup pecans
powdered sugar

Mix first four ingredients. Roll into teaspoon balls, flatten a little, & Bake at 350. While warm roll in powdered sugar. Let cool and roll again for a real snowball effect.

Warm Wishes

Mrs. Timbs c. 1940

No comments: