Friday, November 9, 2012

Holiday Series 1: Holiday Breakfast

Dear Friend,

It's that time of year when we start talking about sleigh bells and mistletoe. Parties are planned, cards are sent out, and presents are bought. I wanted to share with you a special vintage holiday book of fun holiday themed menus and party ideas. I'm going to call this my Holiday Party Series. I hope everyone enjoys getting some use out of it or simply looking back at Holiday ideas from long ago.

Holiday Series: Holiday Breakfast

Here is the book this series is
going to be coming from.

I bought this book with a lot of other very old books from the 20s-40s. I don't know the actual date, as there is no date on the book anywhere. All the other books had dates. It fits the mood for a holiday post so I hope it is enjoyed by all.

I just love the quaint little sugarplums in the wine glass. They are so sweet and rather easy to make. I will be delighted to get to that post and share the pictures of the ones I made, too.

Rationing was still very much alive during the holiday season but somehow everyone still found a way to make the holidays
"Merry and Bright."

Below is the original index so everyone can see what delightful things will be coming up with each series.


 Here is the menu. This would be cute to print and frame if one is going to have a vintage holiday breakfast.
I just love the display of the Holiday Breakfast. It is so simple but yet it is so lovely. The fruit tree would be so simple to make with a Styrofoam cone and the white tea setting is so lovely against the white cone.




Happy Holidays! They are now upon us. 
The next section will be a Christmas Coffee Party.

~Mrs. Homemaker

No comments: