Friday, November 16, 2012

Vintage Cinema: Cass Timberlane

Dear Friend,

It is time for Vintage Cinema. I'm going to post a favorite movie every so often to share the old movies with my friends. I am currently in love with Cass Timberlane starring Spencer Tracy and Lana Turner. This movie was made in 1947. I did not know until today that there is a book. I am going to seek out that book one day and hope it is like most people say about movies and books, "The book was better." Of course, I just love Spencer Tracy and Lana turner anyway.

The movie is about a lonely widowed judge who marries a girl from the "other side of the tracks." She is young and very lively and hasn't seemed to lived much just yet. So during the marriage she "grows up." Well all these events cause a great big hurrah in the town they are from. It's a wonderful movie well worth watching.






Judge: Admit that you were out.
Jinny: I was out by a mile.


Jinny: My mother and father put their toothbrushes in the same glass.

Jinny: As sober as a, as sober as a, as sober as a judge!
Judge: The stork? THE STORK?!?



I hope you enjoy a step back in time with Vintage Cinema. Have a wonderful day.

~Mrs. Homemaker


No comments: