Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Vintage Homemaker



I like to give credit where it's due but I can't remember where I stumbled upon this.
If you know, please let me know.
 Dear Friend,

I'm not sure of the actual date of this Creed but it makes for good Homemaking Guidelines. Betty Crocker is such a great help to the lady of our time (1940s).

I just love the idea of a "Homemakers Creed." Everything it states is true to homemaking. Homemaking is definitely a job especially when it involves children. Don't get discouraged and down when people look down at you because you are a homemaker. Everyone has skills in many different areas and some of us just happen to have skills that require us to stay at home and keep the home fires burning. It's such a reward to have a happy, cozy home. The biggest reward of all will be when the children are grown and they look back and think their best memories were mom's cooking and a clean,  cozy home. Homemakers, embrace your passion and your skills and keep the home fires burning.

"A wise woman builds her home, but with her own hands a foolish woman tears hers down." Proverbs 14:1

~Mrs. Homemaker

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes, can't hardly believe I've lived through all these decades!!
Ann